The Think Tank DEA works for smart investments in education, research and innovation, creating value and growth in Denmark.
DEA is an independent, non-profit think tank based in Copenhagen, Denmark. DEA was established in 2010 as an independent initiative within the non-profit philanthropic organisation Danish Society for Education and Business.
The Think Tank DEA works to strengthen value creation and growth by improving the evidence base for the design and prioritization of early learning, education, research and innovation.
We strive to fulfill this mission by providing high-quality research, analyses and policy advice, and by engaging in constructive dialogue with the political system and key public and private stakeholders. We also collaborate with relevant public and private companies to ensure that policy development is informed by needs and insight from industry.
What we do
DEA aims to be a credible and impartial source of insight into research, education and innovation policy. To that end, we:
- Undertake state-of-the-art research and analyses both in-house and in collaboration with leading researchers, consultants and policymakers in Denmark and abroad.
- Organise conferences, seminars and workshops to stimulate informed, constructive debate and networking among key public and private stakeholders.
- Participate in the public debate regarding science, education and innovation through e.g. blogs, articles and other contributions in the media.
- Engage in collaborative projects and undertake selected commissioned research and consultancy projects, provided that such projects are in line with our professional and ethical standards.
- Give invited talks in Denmark and abroad.
What we work on
We strive to address key challenges facing Danish society through a holistic perspective on the research, education and innovation systems.